We can offer sewing machine servicing repairs on domestic and Industrial sewing machines and overlockers at our workshop. Or if you would rather we can offer a mobile service and can come to you! Although our base is in Suffolk we are happy to travel! Regular maintenance of your machine is essential for its health!
A domestic service of a sewing machine will typically comprise of the following:
Domestic sewing machine servicing :
- Stitching with the machine first. This will give me a general idea of how all the important parts are working or not, as the case may be!
- If there is no obvious fault from the initial test then the first thing i will check is the top Tension.
- Upper Tension unit cleaned.
- Bobbin case cleaned.
- The bottom tension will be checked and balanced with the top tension.
- Timing of the shuttle will be checked and adjusted if needed.
- Needlebar height will be checked and adjusted if needed.
- The Needleplate will be checked for damage.
- The Needle will be replaced.
- Bobbin winder checked and any faults cured.
- Take up spring checked.
- stitch length checked and adjusted if necessary.
- Inside of the machine will be cleaned and any stray thread shall be removed.
- Greasing and oiling of internal parts.
- Reverse button checked.Checkout my blog pages for recently serviced machines